Inflammation is often caused by strong environmental allergies that are linked to Eczema and Asthma. Around 20% of adults who suffer with eczema often develop respiratory issues like asthma. However, not everyone with eczema will develop asthma or vice versa.
Asthma is a condition that narrows the airways and makes them swollen, therefore making it difficult to breathe with the extra mucus being produced.
- Phlegmy coughs which can occur at night, during exercise or can be chronic.
- Difficulty breathing, shallow breathing, fast breathing and frequent respiratory infections.
- Anxiety, regularly waking up during the night and chest pressure
Treatments can consist of self care and Bronchodilators
- Asthma can randomly develop later during life and sometimes people can get rid of their asthma (if they’re smokers for example).
It’s more about managing the symptoms than trying to completely get rid of it. Asthma flare ups can happen due to environmental changes, stress and many other factors, so it’s important to have helpful ways to manage those flare ups.
Natural ways to manage Asthma
Depending on the severity of your asthma
- Consulting with Naturopaths
Their advice can be very beneficial if you find the right one. They take blood samples, stool samples among others to analyse and see if there are parasites etc. They provide you with natural herbal remedies!
- Natural vitamins and remedies
This also goes under Naturopathic therapies but you can also do your own research and buy tablets and oils online.
- Sit up straight to help keep the airway open
- Incorporate garlic and ginger into your food and drinks as they have anti-inflammatory properties
Signs to look out for in infants
- Shortness of breath
- Nasal flaring
- Exaggerated belly breathing
- Interrupted laughing or crying
Does your baby suffer from Eczema? If so, keep reading!
Are you new here?!
- BABY ECZEMA RANGE
We offer a Grahams Natural Baby Skincare Range to help your little bubs with their symptoms! Our Baby Derma Starter Pack is a great introduction into our Skincare range. It includes the Baby Derma Wash, Baby Derma Shampoo, Baby Derma Cream and the Nappy Rash Cream. Babies can also suffer with both eczema and asthma so we formulated our baby range which can help alleviate at least one of the two!